Dahlia is a summer wrap dress sewing pattern featuring three sleeve options and two skirt lengths. This makes the pattern pretty versatile since it works for a variety of temperatures, occasions and styles! It can go from a cute airy summer day dress to elegant cocktail attire. Of course for the dresses, all the options for the sleeves and skirt lengths can be mixed and matched!
- cap sleeves
- 3/4 sleeves
- short high-low skirt
- short high-low skirt with added flounce
The bodice is lined and is shaped through several darts and release darts and is just like the skirt designed to fit and flatter the curves of your body. Due to the construction of the wrap dress sewing pattern the two skirt options can be sewn as standalone pieces as well.
The Dahlia Dress & Skirt is perfect for intermediate sewers and upwards.
Fabric Suggestions & Notions
– Light to medium weight drapey woven fabrics such as cotton lawn, viscose,
rayon, lace or peach skin, fabric width 140 cm / 55“
– For the sleeveless version and the A-line skirt without flounce heavier weight
wovens work as well, fabric width 140 cm / 55“
– For all versions: 2 pieces of 25 cm / 10“ of ribbon
Sizing & Fabric Requirements
The Dahlia Wrap Dress & Skirt comes in sizes 1-8. See the size chart for measurements.
What will I receive?
At the end of the checkout process you will be able to instantly download the following PDF files:
– printable pattern in A4 format (43 pages)
– printable pattern in US Letter format (44 pages)
– printable pattern as copy shop version, A0 (3 sheets)
– fully-photographed step-by-step instruction booklet (19 pages)
What is a PDF pattern?
A PDF sewing pattern is a downloadable pattern that you print yourself at home. Just download, print, stick together and start sewing! When you print the pattern, make sure that you print at 100% (uncheck the scale box). Print page 1 first and check with the help of the calibration square whether your print settings are correct.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A DOWNLOADABLE PATTERN WHICH YOU HAVE TO PRINT YOURSELF AT HOME.
Find tutorials and customization ideas for this pattern on the Glasshouse Patterns Blog.