The bodice is lined and is shaped through several darts and release darts and is just like the skirt designed to fit and flatter the curves of your body. Due to the construction of the wrap dress sewing pattern the two skirt options can be sewn as standalone pieces as well.
The Dahlia Dress & Skirt is perfect for intermediate sewers and upwards.
Fabric Suggestions & Notions
– Light to medium weight drapey woven fabrics such as cotton lawn, viscose,
rayon, lace or peach skin, fabric width 140 cm / 55“
– For the sleeveless version and the A-line skirt without flounce heavier weight
wovens work as well, fabric width 140 cm / 55“
– For all versions: 2 pieces of 25 cm / 10“ of ribbon
Sizing & Fabric Requirements
The Dahlia Wrap Dress & Skirt comes in sizes 1-8. See the size chart for measurements.
What will I receive?
At the end of the checkout process you will be able to instantly download the following PDF files:
– printable pattern in A4 format (43 pages)
– printable pattern in US Letter format (44 pages)
– printable pattern as copy shop version, A0 (3 sheets)
– fully-photographed step-by-step instruction booklet (19 pages)
The instruction booklet includes lots of features to make sewing this pattern as easy for you as possible:
- a tiling overview (so you can only print the pages you need for your size and version and save ink and paper)
- lengthening and shortening lines for adjusting the pattern for petite and tall women
- layplans for all possible variations
- modular instructions so you can pair each sleeve option with each skirt option
- additional tips for sewing, along with the photographed step-by-step instructions
Quick to assemble no-trim pages!
The print-at-home versions of this pattern are super quick to put together because you can tape or glue the pages together right how they come from the printer – there’s no need for you to trim them or cut away any corners. This way, there’s also less wasted space on the pages and therefore fewer pages to print for you!
What is a PDF pattern?
A PDF sewing pattern is a downloadable pattern that you print yourself at home. Just download, print, stick together and start sewing! When you print the pattern, make sure that you print at 100% (uncheck the scale box). Print page 1 first and check with the help of the calibration square whether your print settings are correct.
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A DOWNLOADABLE PATTERN WHICH YOU HAVE TO PRINT YOURSELF AT HOME.
Find tutorials and customization ideas for this pattern on the Glasshouse Patterns Blog.